Kaitlin is a fiction writer, poet, and editor with a background in secondary and post-secondary education. She is also a ghostwriter for Storyterrace.com.
She has taught writing and literature in a variety of environments including public and private secondary schools, an incarceration facility, a DoDDs school in Japan, a GED and employment program for teenage mothers, and an afterschool program supporting youth in and near Washington, DC. She has also taught post-secondary writing at American University, SUNY Buffalo, Union County College, and the University of Tampa.
She began her career in communications as an intern in the literary affairs office at Paramount Pictures before working in circulation and editing for DALBAR, Inc. in the financial services industry. She moved on to book publicity at W.W. Norton & Company before pursuing her graduate degree in education.
Kaitlin is experienced writing for leaders in public service, including her work at the DC Public Schools, the RI Department of Education, and other education organizations. She also works with new and established authors of memoirs, novels, and non-fiction projects in various fields.
She holds a bachelor's degree in Psychology from Columbia University and a master's in Secondary English Education from New York University.
Publications and Awards
* "Everyday Conversation," Newfound Journal, December 2022
* 2021 Grantee, Professional Artist Grant, Creative Pinellas
* "Discernment" (poetry): Odet Journal, Vol 4, October 2020
* "Rescue" (fiction): The Peauxdunque Review (Fiction finalist in the 2019 Words and Music Writing Competition, Summer 2020)
* Reading at the One Book One New Orleans Words and Music Writing Conference, Peauxdunque Review's Celebration of Issues 3 & 4 ("Rescue" Excerpt at min. 54:12)
* "Academic Debate" (poetry), Ocotillo Review, Kallisto Gaia Press (Summer 2020)
* "The Clear Air of Elsewhere" (fiction), Epiphany: a Literary Journal (Spring/Summer 2020, The Borders Issue)
* Fiction finalist in the 2018 International Literary Awards for fiction, Salem College Center for Women Writers
* Honorable Mention for poetry ("Fountain of Youth, St. Augustine") in the Words and Music Writing Competition of the Peauxdunque Review (Fall 2019)
* 2nd Place Winner, Romeo Lemay Writing Contest, for "Heat" (fiction), Odet Literary Journal, February 2017
* Writer's Digest 86th Annual Writing Competition, Honorable Mention for "Hail Mary, Full of Grace (for Margaret)", (2017)
*Leaving Big Sky (Explore Big Sky/Big Sky Weekly, 9/27/2012)
* Teachers Made All the Difference, Barrington Times, July 11, 2011
* An Overdue Thank-You to My Dad, "My Turn": Newsweek (6/20/99)
* Outlook, Post-Pentagon Depression (A Post 9-11 Runner Reflection) [archived]